Please note: There are current shipping delays for both domestic and international deliveries due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I urge you to select express shipping when checking out as priority is being given to these parcels during the delivery service.
There are expected 2 week delays with domestic shipping and 4 week delays with international shipping.
Updated April 3rd.
The Unusual Pear is an Australian based online store, located in Newcastle, NSW.
All orders will be dispatched via Australia Post in 1-5 days after payment has been received. If you select "Express Post" your order will be dispatched in 1-2 days.
Free local pick up available from my home studio in Lambton, Newcastle. Please use the local pick up option at the checkout. Once your order is ready to be picked up, I will email you with my address and to arrange a suitable time for collection.
Pre-Order items do not apply to the above timeframes. Please see the individual listings for pre-order information.
- Your order will likely arrive within 3-5 business days* once dispatched (5-6 business days for WA).
- All orders come with a tracking number. You can track your package here.
- USA - Your order will likely arrive within 6-10 business days* once dispatched.
- United Kingdom - Your order will likely arrive within 8-12* business days once dispatched.
- Other Countries - to get an estimated arrival timeframe, please use the Australia Post shipping calculator. The "from" Postcode is 2294.
- The "Standard" shipping options includes tracking information. "Economy Air" does not.
- Any customs charges, duties or taxes are the buyers responsibility.
- * Estimates based on standard delivery times between metropolitan areas of major cities. Excludes public holidays and time in customs if applicable, and may be subject to delay due to causes outside of Australia Post's control.
I gladly accept returns and exchanges for most items. Please contact me within 7 days of receiving your order if you wish to request a refund or exchange.
- Custom orders and sale items are final.
- The buyer is responsible for all shipping costs.
- All returns must be in their original condition, unused and returned in the packaging they came in.
While I have done my best to photograph these products to represent their true colours, please note that colours may vary slightly from screen to screen.
Please read the descriptions of each product to understand the sizing of the product and what is included in the price.
No props are included in the sale.
I weigh my yarns and roving with digital scales, although, weights may vary by a few grams.
All laser cut products are made with FSC certified wood.
All laser cut products come in a natural finish, and will change colour over time due to the natural oils in your skin. If you like, you can apply a wax, oil or stain to the timber but it is not essential.
Some of my laser cut products are sanded by hand which results in slight surface variations.
All yarn and fibre is sourced responsibly from ethical manufacturers.
Most of my products do not come with unnecessary packaging. This is to reduce the economic footprint of my business. Most orders are packaged in tissue paper with a business card and some confetti for a bit of fun! Please dispose of this packaging responsibly. Cardboard boxes and tissue paper can be recycled. Business cards can be given to friends who might be interested in The Unusual Pear. If your order arrived in a soft mailer, this is home compostable with your food scraps and will turn into useable compost in around 180 days if used correctly.
- If for any reason you are unable to attend the workshop you have booked in for, a minimum of 5 days notice prior to the workshop date is required for cancellation and refund.
- Cancellations within 5 days of the workshop date will not be eligible for a refund, however, if you have purchased a weaving kit with the workshop booking, I will post the weaving kit out to you.