Weaving Workshop February 2020
My workshops are a great introduction to weaving, aimed at complete beginners and also intermediate weavers who may need some guidance perfecting their technique. In this workshop I will guide you through the steps of creating a bespoke hand woven wall hanging.
Where and when..
10:00am - 2:00pm Saturday 1st of February 2020
The Fernery, 84 Fern Street, Islington
What you will learn..
- The fundamentals of warping a frame loom, ensuring an even warp tension
- Various weaving techniques including tabby weave, soumak, angles, curves and rya knots
- Removing your weaving from the loom
- 4 hours tuition with Rainie of The Unusual Pear
- A selection of beautiful yarns and roving to complete your weaving
- Access to the appropriate weaving loom and tools for the workshop
- Bottomless cups of tea and yummy nibbles to snack on while you weave
- Your finished weaving to take home and hang proudly on your wall
If you would like to purchase a weaving kit to take home with you at the end of the workshop, add a weaving kit to your cart with the workshop ticket and use the discount code FUTUREWEAVER at the checkout and you'll get 10% off the workshop ticket and kit.
Seats are limited, with a maximum of 8 per workshop, ensuring I have the freedom to guide each individual throughout the workshop. Due to the limited number of seats per workshop, these workshops do book out quite quickly.
Come along and have some fun, I hope to see you there!